Extension of the acclaimed T6 tractor range
New Holland Agriculture has enriched the T6 Series offering with the new T6 Dynamic Command, an all-round multi-purpose tractor. These new T6.145, T6.155, T6.165 and T6.175 are the only models in this segment featuring a new 8-step semi powershift transmission on the market. They are extraordinarily versatile tractors that will be an asset to the fleets of arable, livestock, dairy farmers, contractors and hay and forage operations.
With the new models, New Holland widens the choice further: customers looking for entry level technology in a tractor mainly used for yard and light field applications close to the farm can opt for the T6 16x16 Electro Command™ with 4-step semi powershift; those requiring a multipurpose tractor for cultivations and haulage can choose the new T6 24x24 Dynamic Command™; and customers who want all-round performance where exact speeds are critical can find the perfect solution in the award-winning T6 Auto Command™ with continuously variable transmission.
Rod Gardner, Harvest & High HP Manager for New Holland New Zealand explains: “New Holland has a proud historic legacy in providing customers in this segment firstly with product choice and always with value for money, From the 90 Series FiatAgri, TS and TS-A models, through to the current T6 tractors. The Dynamic Command now introduces an additional level of technology to the sector, there’s definitely a T6 now for every customer and every farming business.”
Efficiency, at the heart of the Dynamic Command
The Dynamic Command is designed in-house and built on a new dedicated production line in the New Holland driveline plant in Modena, Italy. World Class Manufacturing auditing ensure high quality is consistent and measured throughout the production process, from machining to final testing.
When talking of design, the all new 24x24 Dynamic Command transmission has no compromises when it comes to increasing efficiency, the less power it takes to operate the transmission results in the customer seeing higher work-rates with lower fuel usage. At the heart of the three range, 8-step semi-powershift transmission is a Dual Clutch concept, similar to that which operates the seamless range shifting within the Auto Command transmission.
The four odd numbered gears and one clutch are located on one shaft, the four even gears and one clutch on a second shaft. Power is then simply modulated between the two clutches, as an odd gear is disengaged with one clutch the second clutch is engaging the even gear ratio. All silky smooth, simple and ultra-efficient.
Dedicated clutches for Forward and Reverse ensures a controlled power shuttle, even on steep gradients, while the range shifting is all robotized.
Power losses are minimised further by the use of a variable displacement lubrication pump, only supplying the volume of oil that is required, a small detail that contributes to overall efficiency.
Productivity features, automation kept simple
The new T6 Dynamic Command makes it easy to breeze through a full day of intense work with a host of new functions.
• Smart Range Shift will always put you in the correct gear when making a range shift, any overlap gears from one range to the next are skipped giving sequential ratios and rapid acceleration.
• Brake to Clutch; this is the perfect feature to ease the burden for the driver particularly where the tractor is stopping frequently, typically front end loader operation or haulage work. Simply press the brake pedal and the tractor will slow and come to a standstill, there’s no need to engage neutral or depress the clutch pedal. Release the brakes and the drive is reengaged, simple effective automation.
• Auto Shift; the entry level of automation that takes care of shifting gears based on an adjustable engine speed threshold. Depending on the task the operator chooses how much the engine speed can reduce before a ratio change is made.
• Ground Speed Management; with this advanced level of automation the required working speed is dialled in and the Dynamic Command will do the rest. Shifting up and throttling back the engine whenever possible, all done automatically to maintain the target speed while reducing fuel consumption.
• Adjustable Shuttle Aggression; some tasks require the smoothest shuttle possible, sometimes the fasted direction change is the priority, with the T6 the driver can decide. Three aggression levels for shuttle speed are easily selected, just another way to optimise the performance of the Dynamic Command.
• IntelliShift™; this is the brains behind each gear shift, every shift is unique. A closed loop analysis of engine speed, input and output transmission shaft speed, load and forward speed ensure that every shift is as consistently smooth as possible; even the oil temperature has an influence on those frosty mornings.
• Kick Down; for the most rapid acceleration the driver simply presses the throttle fully and the tractor will automatically downshift positioning the engine speed at peak power. The result, the fastest rate of acceleration and more tonnes hauled through the day.
• Transport Power Management; when above 22 kph, the HI-eSCR NEF engine cleverly switches to a power curve with a different profile that concentrates more power at higher engine revs. This delivers consistent tractor acceleration rates across the rpm band, from peak power to maximum engine speed.
These features individually deliver unarguable operator benefits, combine them with an industry best 8-step powershift and the Dynamic Command becomes a significant advance in technology choice for customers.
Superior operating comfort; reduced driver input, higher output
When it comes to controlling the T6 Dynamic Command customers can choose from two versions of the multi-award-winning SideWinder™ II armrest, one with electronic hydraulic remote valves or one for mechanical valves. For the mechanical option the integrated control panel has been repositioned to the front of the armrest to provide unobstructed access to the mechanical remote levers on the right hand trim.
The CommandGrip™ multifunction handle is also available in two versions, fixed or an optional force based version taken from the Auto Command CVT tractors. Pushing the CommandGrip forwards will shift up gears, rearwards down gears. Engage reverse and the logic cleverly reverses, pulling rearwards upshifts, a common logic to the established speed control on the Auto Command. While operating in Ground Speed Management mode pushing forward will accelerate the tractor towards the requested target speed, pulling rearwards decelerates the tractor.
To create the perfect front end loader tractor the T6 can now be specified with CustomSteer, a new variable ratio steering feature that delivers the full manoeuvrability of the T6 with reduced turns of the steering wheel. Repetitive manoeuvring while loading is made easy, just one rotation of the steering wheel can turn the steering fully from left to right while still maintaining precise control. Add in the brake to clutch feature, a high flow hydraulic pump, an advanced loader joystick with transmission controls, the high visibility roof and you can see why the T6 Dynamic Command is perfect loading tractor.
The T6 Dynamic Command can be offered with ISOBUS Class 3 capability. Hitched to a New Holland round baler with IntelliBale™ the baler itself can stop the tractor when a bale is formed, eject the bale and close the tailgate. The driver is left to simply press the shuttle button to recommence baling.
New Holland’s philosophy is that advanced features should deliver benefits and not bring complication for the operator. Ease of use is a fundamental design criteria and the T6 Dynamic Command is no exception to this rule.
New Holland is imported in New Zealand by C B Norwood Distributors Ltd.