Gilmour Lawrie of Sandyford Farm, Monkton, Ayrshire took delivery of a New Holland T6.175 Dynamic Command Transmission in March 2019.
With 1500 acres (500 cereal/1000 Silage/Grazing) over the 4 family farms, picking the right equipment to suit various tasks is of high importance. Below we hear just
how well the T6.175 DCT he purchased fits in with his set up.
“The T6.175 Dynamic Command tractor is the best all round tractor we have purchased in recent years” comments Gilmour. He went on to compliment the
smoothness of the DCT transmission and many of its features. For example the stop start function that the transmission offers enables you to work clutch free which
is a major comfort benefit. The 24x24, eight-step, semi-powershift Dynamic Command Transmission suits all his needs.
Gilmour also stated that the power to wheels on road haulage application was excellent. He found the position of all the hand controls were very operator friendly and
when working long days the cab comfort was first class. To conclude “the T6 DCT tractors are an all round efficient, farmer friendly tractor”.
KEY SELLING POINTS
• Dynamic Command, multipurpose transmission – a real swiss army knife
• Best-in-class fuel efficiency
• A transmission designed and built in-house; simple, robust, economic and reliable
• The best engine and exhaust treatment in the industry: efficiency, performance and simplicity
• Best-in-class comfort and visibility with suspended HorizonTM
• Lower operating costs